March 29, 2010

So... I absolutely loved the baptism.

She got baptized and her daughter that has down syndrome she was so happy she started laughing and smiling when she did it.

as she stepped out of the font she said.

TODOS SE FUERON

maybe referring to sins... no se. But it was so cute. Then we went inside and were finishing with the service and she asked if she could offer the prayer. So said... Well of course I have to thank God now.

I have been praying my whole mission to know what it felt like when I was baptized. When she said the prayer I felt the spirit so much stronger than I can remember. I know that Baptism is An ordinance of the Gospel and is only properly done with his authority. I know exactly how I felt when I was baptized. What an amazing feeling. I wish to feel that same way each week at sacrament meeting.

Ok... So This week was crazy. We worked much harder than the other weeks of this transfer. I fly out tonight at 7:50 on Dutch Antilles express to Aruba... =)

This week was a lot of going to members and going trying to invite them to invite friends. That is something that i have committed myself to doing throughout my life. Helping the missionaries not only by teaching with them. But being the finder that i should be as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints. having references for them. We asked and tried but not a whole lot. One of my favorite scriptures for that is first Nephi chapter 4 when Nephi and his brothers go to get the plates. They try two times. Nothing, once going in normal, second with riches and then finally his brothers give up thinking it’s not possible. He gets in and sees that just as the lord has promised he delivers him in their hands. He has promised us many blessings. Many blessings and as we pray and have faith as Nephi. In Spanish I like the words y nefi entro furtivamente. Guided by the spirit. To know where.

In missionary work it’s the same. We never know how much god is doing with a person unless we have faith and try our faith. If someone has rejected us a million times why not talk to him again. Maybe god has helped get him in a position ready to be accept. Awesome!

That is exciting about Mindy. I think names like Emily, Melody, Jennifer, are good ones.

My times up, Love you!

No comments: