April 5, 2010

Well, This week was great! Elder Zenger my companion is a great missionary He was at BYU-I the year in between josh and i. I loved listening to general conference. General conference here in San Nicolas. This year we got Internet and a flat screen plasma TV so that we could watch it. We had 33 people come on sunday morning. More than we have ever had attending at conference from our little branch. Coming back to this area there is a senior couple named the pietz they have done a great job helping the members recieve training both leadership and just learning how to be members of the church. They are great at helping members. much better than i can do. Senior couples are so needed. They really are. Right now the sister we have running the money and finances of the mission makes alot of mistakes. Sometimes we don't get our money rent or other things. Other times we randomly get a thousand dollars or several hundred because she made a mistake. Making it pretty fun.
This transfer we really want to work with members. We are trying to go out with at least one member each day. for now. and then want to get it back to how elder fierro and i were doing with every active member out with us. This little branch has a lot of potential. It really does. I am excited to be here. although i am trying to get creative. I remember a lot of people and they remember me. Yesterday i went toking in an area that i had recently done the last time i was here. There was an old man who told me he was waiting to die. we saw him again. and this time he was in a wheelchair. I walked up and said "your still alive... God must have something for you" for the first time in the many times i have spoken with this man i saw him smile. we didn't set an appointment with him but i plan to pass by there a few more times. This is going to be interesting finding new people In my last two transfers here i toked almost all of it and i can't even imagine 5 more months here. It will be a fun adventure. I know there were many doors without anyone answering. Just as Nephi the first two times they couldn't get the plates. It started yesterday. well this whole week actually. My companion took me to visit his investigators. i smiled the whole way because they were almost all people i had spoken to before. But the yesterday we went back to Jenny. I sent many emails about jenny and i believe even a few pictures. She hadn;t been taught for about 6 months. she told us yesterday that she wants to learn more and then wants to get baptized. We also went and taught Johan. another man i was teaching here that got baptized after i left. We are starting to teach his daughter who is 9. We have an appointment with them tonight! My brother starts his mission in 3 weeks. Crazy! i hope i have been a good example for him.
Serving a mission has been the greatest thing i have done in my life. It is two years jammed packed with learning. I don't know if it is possible to learn so much about life and the gospel anywhere else at this time in my life. What a tremendous blessing. Before the mission i heard a return missionary say. "The mission's not for everyone" I think that is quite an uneducated comment. Seeing how much it has changed my life and how much i have learned about others and helped others companions included. the mission is one of the greatest things anyone could ever do. I am striving to finish my mission on a great high. I want this area to be on fire. I loved elder Rasbands talk mentioning how many areas are chosen by thinking of where the missionary will finish his mission. The lord has sent me here. i know it. I will strive to fulfill what he wants me to do.
I Love You!

No comments: