March 15, 2010

Well this week. I had a pretty hard time. I am a little sick making it not so fun to do anything. I can hardly speak. But this week we had our Zone conference. It was great. I think i've told you this but we are focusing on teaching people as agents instead of as objects. I am trying hard to ask better questions in a way for them to find the answers. I am kind of struggling with my companion. Not that we aren't getting along. he's just not here. He is always talking about the "worldly things" About basketball games about earthquakes. I have no idea where he gets this info. He just randomly tells us that there was another earthquake in some part of the world. I dont understand. But thats not so much the problem. More that we don't start studies on time and he's slow as molasis making it hard to get out on time or when we go home to pick something up he goes to the bathroom and is in there for 45 minutes... ha ha. but the other day we had a good lesson with a guy named Ariel. he had a baptismal date but can't come to church so we had to leave the baptismal date. He is a very cool guy and remembers things very well. While we were there a guy that plays for the CUBS came to draft his brother. Drove up in a huge ford excursion decked out which is not your typical curacao car. His name was simons. or something they call him Chulo Simon. He's not very Chulo big bald wavy head. Tons of bumps.

But that and zone conference. I rode in the car of the new Carribean area doctor. and asked him a lot about medical school and things. He is an obstetrician. He said in medical school he had the choice to explore and thought he would take a stab at OB. He loved it. and continued. his explanation was that a regular doctor helps older people that are sick that have a few more years to live. or he can help a brand new baby come in and be alive for many more years. It was all pretty interesting to me. Who knows. He just said DONT THINK THAT BECAUSE YOU WILL MAKE SO MUCH MONEY YOU CAN QUICKLY PAY OFF ALL YOUR DEBT. ITS NOT LIKE THAT. To be able to pay off your debt you will have to live in a small apartment with a newlywed car. and not act like your a highly paid doctor.

i'm still having problems with becuase... becassue because because because because because becuase because because because becaues becuase because because because because because because because because because because because becaue because because because because because because because because because because because because becuse because because

but yeah it was a good conversation he suggested that majoring in some sience like chemistry would help alot.

So i had that good conversation i was also with Elder Pereira from Australia so i got to practice my australian accent. =) I'm getting good. I CAN'T get the Jamaican accent down. Its hard. Here are a few pictures from our P-Day activity today! woohoO! Mount christoffelberg. My companion didn't want to finish. so we sat at the top waiting for him for 30 minutes finally i went down and talked him into coming up. He made it up and we enjoyed and then had to wait again for him to come down. but we made it and it was beautiful. Really beautiful. well. That was my week.

Oh as well president changed his mind. I will be going to aruba next transfer and will be staying there for the next 6 months. finishing my mission there. My last area. will be San Nicholas again =) i loved that area.

Have a wonderful week! Love you!

No comments: