April 28, 2009


Mi Ta Stima Boso

Hello! Family! That is the language I am learning now! Papiamento! AAAAHHHH! It is just like the beginning of my mission! Just like I am right back with a trainer. It is much like a desert here. I honestly feel like I just started my mission again! I feel like I have a much higher bar to work for. President sends people here who he trusts and also people he knows need help learning to work and be obedient. I hope its not the latter. =) Dutch is something that presidents asked that we learn but the papiamento is what everyone speaks. So when I get home I will bear my testimony in English Spanish Papiamento and Dutch! My goal is to get the hang of Dutch before this transfer is over. My mind will be swimming in lanuages. It already is. I sent you guys the tape player and you can hear i can't make up my mind some times on what language to use. for example the word pueblo in spanish doesn't have an exact translation that I can think of it means town and people but to say pueblo just makes more sense to me.
I was in my interview with president and at the very end while he was saying the prayer Islands popped into my mind... =) and so I said. Hey president. I don't want to bother you so I will only say it once...If you ever have the chance to send me to the islands I would love it!
he then replied well how can you know if you've never been? and I said I dont know but I would love the experience. and he replied what a coincidence because you're going on monday! I didn't believe him. But now I'm here. Its much different. Cactus here. Still coconuts and stuff but not so green. More iguanas. I am in curacao right now and on friday I get on another plane to go to Aruba. =) Here in curacao there are tons of white people so you think they are gringos and want to speak english to them but they are all from holland and speak dutch! AAAHHH! GIFT OF TONGUES! I need it. But yes...As for this journey of my mission... Just like the beginning only now I am more comfortable with teaching I just need to learn the language. I don't have a whole lot more time but I just want you all to know that I love you and that more than ever if you could keep me in your prayers so I can get this language down quickly. I love you!
I left my old area. A fabulous family that would have gotten baptized. and the president closed my area after me. So now there are only two missionaries in that ward. I believe that bishopric will be changed here soon. Who knows.
Heat wise. I am pretty much just starting over again... and its only going to get hotter. I sweat nonstop and smell horrible all day long. from when I get out of the shower until I soap up the next day. Its a great feeling I'm thinking after the mission I will only need to shower like once a week. It will be so cold I will never sweat nor do anything because I will be so cold. who knows. That is a long ways away. Shorter than it was. And shorter again. "I'm older than i've ever been and now I'm even older...and now I'm even older."
AAAHHHH!!! I have mixed feelings about being here. I am excited and can't wait to get to Aruba. but the language just like at the beginning is a little overwhelming.
Tell people... especially Galina...that I will only get letters every three weeks. So don't write me a whole ton.... I mean you could but I wont get it for a while. President will be here on Friday. He will bring mail so if you want to send me something do it today or tomorrow and I will get it on Friday hopefully! But probably not. Everything will be sent to the office address because the mail here is even slower. They told me it took a thanksgiving card till february to arrive. So it would be faster to send it through the office and hope President doesn't lose it on the plane=) no big packages...it is hard for president to bring big packages for all 20 missionaries down here. I Love you all time to go! STUDY YOUR DUTCH!

No comments: