Dear Family… Ok i am really sorry but this letter is going to be really short. Well I am being Transferred again to an area called Aguada it is over on the northwest side of the island. I will get to see beautiful sunsets. My companion will be Elder Barker. Not a clue who he is but they say he’s cool. Uh this week was just as hard. We don’t have much luck and have seen lots of Zeros. My companion and I got in an argument. About numbers and goals. I’m not saying I was right but neither was he. About how we should set our goals based on what we have been achieving and not just out of the blue what we think we can do. We had all zeros last week and this week I said. Lets set goals that are a little lower so we can feel like we are progressing. He thought that it was ridiculous to set lower goals when there is always the way to make the goals. But we weren’t doing it. I don’t know. It was dumb and now its over. I leave tonight and stay in Arecibo again then head over there with Elder Luna who has finished his mission. We sat down and talked the other night and I asked him how he has remained so strong in his mission. I have never heard nor seen any trunkyness from him, whereas my companion never stops. He told me in very simple words. (Not that I can’t understand complex Spanish) Because it’s too short and there is too much time to worry about it. There are these photos of Baptisms and these photos of my family at home. They aren’t going anywhere (his family). But if I don’t focus on finding more of these (photos of baptisms) then I will completely regret the time I have spent.
Simple and made such a huge impact on me. I don’t want to be a “Buck Dog” or trunky. My companion is always talking about home… his dads corvette and his 4 girlfriends he’s written off and everything. Man I am ready for a change. He is great but he is hard to deal with pride wise.
Max our awesome 19 year old investigator dropped. We were teaching him and his grandma said she didn’t want us to come by he was sad about that but then we asked if we could stop by to see if he wanted to come to church. We did and talked with him and he told us that he feels good when he reads the book of mormon but when he goes to a Christian church he feels the same way. He told us “When I leave my grandma I will look into it more.This really made me sad. Mainly because he was going so strong. Ugh. I Had a great interview with president and he said he would not be the least bit upset if we spent all our time with members. He told us he wants us to turn the members into finding machines. MEMBERS ARE VITAL IN MISSIONARY WORK!!!! 1 in 8 Refferences from a member is Baptized. There is a graph… Out of 1000 houses we knock… 50 will let us in…25 will actually be there 10 will let us come back 5 will have a baptism date and only 1 will actually get baptized. MAN!!! MEMBERS ARE VITAL!!! Please help the missionaries. A brother in our ward this week taught an awesome lesson in priesthood. He said. Elderes Hermanos. Los misioneros no estan aqui para hacer esta obra solos. Nosotros no debemos ayudar a los misioneros. Ellos están aquí pro un propósito para ayudar a NOSOTROS…
Translated. Elders Brothers. The missionaries aren’t here for this work by themselves. We shouldn’t help them, they are here to help US in this work. We are seeing it the wrong way.
Man I hope they listened. There is a brother that fell from 2 stories and landed on his head a cranial facture and bled from both ears. He was in a coma for a while and now is in his house already. Only 23 days in the hospital and is now walking and doing almost everything as before. What a miracle I have been able to see in this. !!! =)I will send a letter to the ward soon. Today is way busy because we have a whole lot to do with transfers because they switched it up this transfer. Strange but busy busy busy!
I Love yoU! Sorry this is shorter and rushed. Bye!

No comments: