Well Dad,
I let it roll off this last week. Something came out of his mouth that really made me think in a meeting. He said. Sometimes I know I can be a hard person to work with but if you just show your love for me I will show my love for you. So I am trying to find qualities I really admire. This last week we have been studying the Christlike attributes and I read Charity and love. It mentions that True love for your fellow men is ignoring their faults not saying or thinking negative things about people not pointing out peoples faults or weaknesses and just as mosiah 4 talks about Everyone is a beggar on the earth. Everyone. We may beg for different things and in different ways but we are all dependant on our heavenly father for everything we have. Its behind me. They are men… simple as you said it.
Today we are going golfing! P-day acitivity. For 15 dollars. Clubs and tee time and golf cart=) the first and maybe one of the last times I will ever golf. Man its spendy. And they are telling me that’s cheaper. Whew.This week was mas o menos. We have been making the Armor of god so we have cardboard all over our apartment. I have had a cough for the last month and this week it moved to my nose as well. I might go in to see a doctor soon but I don’t know. We aren’t going very far with our investigators. They just don’t come to church. We dropped a little on finding this last week so we don’t have an inflow of new people to keep teaching. My time is shorter today because we are in a public library and they will shut us off when students come in. We taught our first English / Spanish class this week and a Preach My Gospel class as well. We are trying to turn the members into finding machines missionaries! Instead of complaining about how no one works with us we are trying to help them learn how to work. =) man Marisa is great! She is a very responsible dependable person! She did that in less than 1 week. I have been teaching all the other missionaries magic tricks and so now everytime the Zone leader calls he asks me to do a magic trick over the phone….still working on that one. We had a great service project with our member from Hawaii and they made us dinner while we did service and he was making KIMCHI! They are all about this natural stuff and she is fighting cancer so supposedly kimchi is on her list of food that is acceptable to eat. She’s crazy. But their house is beautiful I will take pictures next time we go. I was told I could have surfing lessons when I return from this member from Hawaii. His daughter teaching lessons and is always willing to teach return missionaries. WoohoO! We had to drop a few people because the just don’t progress one is really excited and says he wants to find the true church of jesus Christ. So Many people are just catholic because their whole family is and find that the book of mormon is true and can’t leave the catholic church because they don’t want to change. The other elders that had a baptism never got their confirmation because he moved to the states. Kind of a bummer there. But yeah. This morning in my book of mormon study I was reading in Ether chapter 12 and they are saying that they can’t write because of the awkwardness of their hands. That they are afraid the gentiles will make fun of them. And the lord replies. Fools mock, but they shall mourn. WOW! I am still scared to talk to younger people because I am afraid they will laugh at us of make fun of us. My fear was taken away this morning. This week I ate shark! WOohoo! Tastes like chicken but soft like fish. Really good! WoohoO! That’s all I can think ofTalk to you next week. Love You!

No comments: