February 17, 2008

Well family,

This area is hard but not as hard as my last one. We are finding people to teach just not getting too far with them. We lost two great investigators that know the church is true… They have come almost every Sunday for the last 5 months but they don’t feel the desire to be baptized and said they feel pushed too much and need a break. That was a bummer. A family we are teaching didn’t show up to church on Sunday… =( their kids are so cute. Everytime they see me they put their fingers in their fists like they are doing the magic trick I do… by the way. My next surprise package I would love some new magic tricks… Some of the desired ones…. The rubberband broke for my “BITE OUT QUARTER” so another “BITE OUT QUARTER” trick would be a great one. Also I left my ROUGH DECK at home. That is a great one as well. And the Dollar store sells what is called a SVENGALI deck. Also my VERNET THUMB tip is breaking. And which ever ones you guys can find are gladly welcomed. I have been doing the print a business card one a lot with pass along cards to little kids.. =) they love it! Most magic sites have a kit of different tricks and if not you an just search for these things.
Mom… Money… We are going ice skating today as a zone. So I am trying to not use that card at all but I am going to be using it today and then will have to get my license soon as soon as I get all the paperwork and stuff. Elder Jones is his name and then next day we had a flat tire… so we called him and he said “BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING I want you to know your mom loves you. And I said well thanks I sure love her too…. And he said no really I your mom wants you to know she loves you. I just talked to her and she sure speaks highly of you. I said thanks and he said “elder ellis. Your mom really loves you” “many missionaries would die to have the supporting mother that you have” It was kind of awkward because I didn’t know what to say back to him. But I want to say I love you mom! I really do! Thank you for everything. I didn’t get the authorization paper sent to you because forgot to print it but I am printing it today and sending it tomorrow.
My week other than that… Our new phones got set up and are way cool. They have GPS… it got shut of half way through the week but they are thinking about turning it back on as a tool for us because NO TOWNS HAVE MAPS!!! Google has better maps than the cities have. We can’t get maps with streets or anything on it. So they might get the GPS set up on these phones so we can save miles and see our areas from a birds eye view. It would be cool. But the problem is still not necessary. Other than that had another fun Sunday of translating for a sleeping old man. =) he came down from the sates for an AIR FORCE reunion. He’s pretty cool just an old man walking around on earth till he gets his new calling in the eternal realm.
Well its time to head out but sorry this week wasn’t too eventful. Busy a lot of finding… and I am working with another person to quit smoking! I will be a pro at helping people quit smoking by the end of my mission… Hopefully baptisms too… Todavia…
Adios mi familia! Les amo! Mama Te amo! Muchisimo!
Les extrano

No comments: