April 26, 2010

This week we had our District conference. President had us go through the white handbook and write down all of our disobedience issues. then he interviewed us and talked about it with him. Mine was good. Nothing big. but the little things are the more important things. and i am still striving to change them. I am grateful for what i was taught as a child. I do not even have a disposition to do evil or to break rules. It just makes sense to be obedient. I started to organize a little bit at the church and it freaked president buckley out. he was looking all over for things. it was pretty entertaining as all encounters with him are.
we ended the week with hardley any contacts and hours of finding time but had 8 new investigators and taught 6 member lessons with 8 members. THAT IS AWESOME. I was told that since i left last time the number of member lessons went way down. and now we are getting achieving it again. I am so grateful for how much i have grown and how much fear i am losing to call people and set appointments or invite them to come out with us. As we do it blessings come. for example my companion said that last night was the first night that he has had a family home evening at a members house where they invite investigators. IT was GREAT! and we had a really good tasting juice of Carrot and beet!

as i have said i am keeping track of my finances and as well in my daily planner i am keeping much beter track of what we do and it allows me to make a better accounting at the end of the week and i have everything recorded. It feels great. So in my interview i shared it with president martineau. He then after my interview asked me to show the other missionaries in the conference.

It feels like things are just coming together here at the last quarter of my mission. I am learning and applying things that i never did before. Much more organized and honestly i am really loving being a missionary!

In my journal for the first year or so i wrote every day. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! i didn't always mean it. but i wrote it to try to help me love it more. and little mental training i guess. so i have noticed that through these last few months i have no longer written it. But you can tell in the way i write that there is a great love for what i am doing. I truly love this work i know God lives and loves us. i am eternally grateful for the fmaily he has given me. What a tremendous blessing.

i tried to send some letters to people this last time. But i apologize for those that read this and have not recieved a letter. It has kind of slipped down my list of important things to do. I am grateful for your support.

Siempre les agradecere por todo lo que me han hecho. Tanto las cosas fisicas o monetarias como las cosas espirituales.

My companion calls me crazy all the time. i dont think you should expect much of a change in maturity. =) i still love life and the Joy in my heart has not been extinguished.

No comments: