May 3, 2010

SO....

hmmmm

This week alot like last week we didn't get our contacts like presidnet has asked us but we taught many lessons and this week especially we were almost more in service clothes than in proselyting clothes. It was awesome! I loved working hard and sweating and getting dirty. After being in clean nicley pressed clothes all the time it feels good to spend a day getting way dirty. Then there was a lady we found. AWESOME named Elma she loved the first lesson and we are excited to go back this week... she had a few beams outside of her house 3 big ones that were about 300 pounds or so. and then about 30 smaller ones that were about 80 lbs around there. my arms are still sore. It was a great service project though. She told us not to till next week, but we did anyway and got it done and she was very grateful. President buckley had someone for us to go help. She had about 3 feet of vines and weeds and we started with weed wackers but it made it like confetti. then i just started taking armfuls of it getting way way dirty but it was so much faster. picking it up and just throwing it into the back of the pickup. my face was all brown and so were my arms. and we got way burnt that day. then after that we went and cut another members yard. then we went and cleaned up the church with the Priesthood. (my companion and me, president buckley and ivan.) cut down all the weeds.

This week i also noticed something else. I have truly gained a testimony of Fast offerings. I know the lord blesses us with what we need if we but put our faith in him and freely impart of what we have.

in my personal study i am reading the words of Isaiah and what amazing prophecies we have from him. The christian world doesn't even touch isaiah and we believe it to be some of the most sacred scripture that we have. As it is quoted frequently in the Book of Mormon.

i can't believe this is the last week of the transfer. i'm heading into my 3rd to last transfer. and it will be shorter than normal because we have an extra week in this companionship taking a week off the beginning of the next.

Well i hope Josh is doing great. Sometimes i wish i could be with Josh to experience these things. i was praying that he might get sent to the DR that i could be his trainer here in the Island of Aruba. But the lord knows where he needs him. I don't like to see josh go after me. I want him as a roommate in BYU-I.... That would be great!

We'll see.

I got hugged by a gay man. He wouldn't stop telling me how much he loved me and hugged me three times. He's a nice guy just kind of special. well i will keep writing other things as they come to mind but thats the main chunk of this week.

No comments: