June 1, 2009

Sorry this letter wont be so long. We are going to go to THE BEACH today! Woohoo! but this week was a great week. Like always. Ups and downs Goods bads but I AM A MISSIONARY!SOY MISIONERO! MI TA MISHONERO! IK BEN EEN ZENDELING!
This week as well i really realized how much i love spanish! I LOVE IT! it is so much easier for me than papiamento. Just becuase it makes sense to me. Papiamento doesn't make sense becuase its too easy! I have gotten used to the spanish grammer and structure and so anyhting other than spanish structure throws me off even english sometimes. I feel like it is my second native language. Although it isn't, i feel that confident with it. I can understand almost everything. I am learning new words everyday but i feel fluent and feel like it is a beautiful language. Now papiamento will be the same soon. But Dutch... uhhhh... There arent as many people here in aruba that speak just dutch nor are there many that know it good enough to really teach me. I need a dutch for dummies book. a very basic book.
but yeah. I will be feeling great when i can understand it good. I want to learn many languages. many more =) French i am working on a little with some hatian people. and as well our neighbors are from the philippeans so maybe a little tagolog. Who Knows! but yeah this week I learned many great lessons. This week i was very humbled by someone that knew a whole lot about the bible. I tried to convince him but tried to do it by logic with scriptures from the bible and he would bring back other scriptures from the bible or tell me more about the story of that person in the bible. There are many scriptures that i have in my head that prove (to me) certain things. But i really don't know as much of the background. I remember the part in chapter 5 of preach my gospel that talks about answering doubts with the book of mormon but i just kept wanting to prove him wrong with the bible. I made a great mistake and the contact never really got anywhere. He did invite us to go back but i have quite a process of repentance to go through in regard to the first impression that he got of me and the church. It wasn't anything bad just back and forth bible bashing. But he knew much more. Then our next cita i tried to really apply what preach my gospel says and use the book of mormon and the testimony i have to answer their doubts. I felt the spirit so strong! I really did i knew that i was doing what i needed to do.
I love debating. I do, but as i learned this week I don't know as much about the Bible as I would like but i do have a testimony that it is true and that the Book of mormon is true as well and by sharing that testimony i felt strong and like i had the help of my heavenly father. It was great. The best part was at the end of the lesson they were talking to each other and i know they understood. They understood perfectly it was a great exerience!

That is my week more or less. I learned a lot. about the scriptures and about everything! WOoHoO!
I Love you all! Mi Ta Stima Boso! Yo Amo a ustedes! (sorry dutch will come)
Elder Ellis...

No comments: