June 15, 2009

This week i have really been struggling mental wise. I really want to contact and want to do it. I am pumped in the morning and then when i get out i just keep talking myself out of it. Now that Elder Johnson is my companion and is learning the language i have really had to step it up. and DO!This week i had a wonderful conversation with a testigo. They came to our door. Of course they didn't want to accept what i was saying but i was trying to share it with the most love for them i could.I don't think i could be with a better companion. We get along great. We both see things pretty much eye to eye except he's about a foot taller than me. and i just overall have loved these first few days. Last transfer was just different. I really struggled to feel the spirit. it was hard on me. But towards the end i really just tried to put differences aside and continue on and try to complement him instead of bring him down.This week we had a good experience with one of our great investigators jenny. Almost like the power of a member refference. She is not a member yet but has just as much excitement. She knows the book of mormon is true and knows that god has a plan. The questions she asks are to seek information instead of to disprove. but she invited her brother over to speak with us. He sat there content the whole time as we taught the lesson. Then afterwords he leaned forward and asked us. in english "i don't understand spanish so well, could you come back and explain that in english or papiamento?"
I was so excited. Then we went back and had a great lesson with him. =)
That moment made me feel so good about missionary work! It made me feel like they were really one of those people that will listen... as preach my gospel tells us to find such.
I need to get my contacts. i want to baptize. I need to be able to try the promise. I really want to do it this week and i will!
This week we also got the sisters. BIKE IS super. Man its so hot here and i sweat like a pig all day long. My shirts are turning yellow brownish... its so dry and there is so much dust. so i get wet a little dust storm comes through then everything is light brown. its great!
I am teaching the sisters and my companion papiamento. President is crazy! I just started learning this language 6 weeks ago and now he makes me island train! AAAHHH! no its good. Its only made my papiamento get better. But i don't know what president was thinking. He's the district leader though so thats good. I don't want leadership yet. Teaching papiamento is good enough. You should hear some of my phone calls. They are about as far away from communicating as possible. =) no its really not that bad. every one tells me HOPI LIHE HOPI LIHE. which is very fast very fast. You are learn fast!
But yeah i have already lost a lot of water weight. My face is getting a little skinnier. all the good stuff! Yeah! my skin darker and darker. my shirts browner and browner. My deoderant weaker and weaker. It is quite the life! That's for sure!
Tur Kos Ta Hopi Dushi Pa Mi!
Mi Ta Stima Boso!
Ayo
Me encanta ser misionero!I Love Being a Missionary!Mi Stima Pa Ta Mishonero!(dutch womps...its hard)Ik ....???.... Zendeleng

No comments: