May 25, 2009

This week was very good. We had a bunch of great opportunities one of them being we were talking to an investigator and she just kind of got quiet and started to say somethings about joseph smith and asked us a few questions. Then she sat there and looked at us and said “elders. I read the pamphlet and to be honest with you, I feel that joseph smith was a prophet. I find it very hard for someone to make these things up. I also don’t understand how so many people could have just said that no one can see god. Then on top of all that while I was reading I just felt so much peace. So much Joy” the best part for me was when we finished the lesson finished talking about everything she just sat with a smile on her face and we asked if she had anymore questions and she said “oh no… they have all been answered.” She was so excited to read the book of mormon. She said I need to learn more about this. If it is true then I need to live it. As well she did have some questions about what exactly was the book of mormon and so we read in the introduction with her. She saw the Nephites and Lamanites and said “these names sound like they’re Egyptian, where are they from?” Then we explained to her that the book was written in reformed Egyptian and you could just see everything kind of click in her head. It was such a wonderful experience and only one of many we have been able to see here and I know that it is all because we are contacting so many more people. We’re not perfect but trying to talk to everyone.
We did have many other wonderful experiences this week as well and another one real quick was…We were getting our car fixed and we were waiting, discussing something, and a man walks up to us. We greeted him and he told us he was the mechanic working on our car and had taken it through the carwash. He told us. “The carwash is the only quiet time I have on this job.” He said he was able to just sit and relax for about 4 minutes. He listened to a song about Joseph smith and came out to ask us what the name of the CD was because he wanted a copy. We told him and asked to come over to his house to share more about the gospel. The part in preach my gospel is true! As we look to find people the lord puts them in our path. And sometimes they even come to us. I will definitely keep Natalee in my prayers and janna as well. and yeah i will write her a letter... Have you guys sent me a letter yet? becuase i haven't gotten one...
Today i went to go try to get a little coin purse to put all my coins in because they lowest bill is 10 flourines so i want something small to be able to keep them all in the same place. and so i met this lady she is from colombia and she says i speak better spanish than she does. She is a very cool person. I feel like i have a good friendship with her. He name is Josephina. She was sitting there and didn't have any of the purses i wanted. =) sounds funny huh. But i just started talking to her. She was shocked that we leave of family and friends for two years and that we buy our own food and have to live on our own and everything. She told us to come to her house to have colombian food... =) AREPAS!!! i haven't ever tried them but i am excited next sunday we've got lunch at her house. Then as well we are going to teach her and her husband and her nine year old kid. =) I am very excited. It will be great! My companion and i don't agree on many things and so it is really hard to work with him. He made us go to the store to get new wash mitts to wash the car becuase he washed something else with them... He has to have a seperate set for everything. and we can't use the same bucket to wash the car that we use to mop the floor. He tells me "I owned my own car washing business before the mission just trust me I know" so I just throw my hands in the air and say "your money =) go for it."
He is a "great" driver... =) and all of his companions have "complimented" his driving... I'm trying not to pick on him... its is just too easy some times. But it is really helping me be a nicer person and work on my christ like attributes. Just like missionary work you can't just be perfect at treating people with respect. It requires constant effort and conciousness of all people. Missionary work is the same you don't just get good at it sitting around. Nor with the time you have out. It requires constant effort.
I was studying in Matthew 24 today. and it makes me so sad. So many people don't read the bible don't study the scriptures... if they did they would know that there is one right way to do it. That God does have His way. In matthew 24 it explains alot about the false prophets. False Christs and how the ELECT will be decieved. It makes me sad that so many people don't really pay attention. The bible itself warns of that and says that the world will know and the coming of the son of man will be like the storm of lightning. Whew. So clear to me and my testimony has been strengthened so much by reading the bible and reading joseph smiths translation and reading all of the other works we have to study in the church. Joseph Smith was a prophet of God! The book of Mormon Pearl of Great Price and Doctrine and Covenants asnwers all our questions left unanswered by the bible. Almost every question people have for us we can answer by the book of mormon or bible. The sadness comes from people's lack of desire to search for it.
Maybe its because I am a missionary that I am so excited but I just don't know how someone wouldn't be concerned about doing what God wants. I don't Get that.
But I Love Being a Missionary!
Mi ta stima pa ta mishonero!
Me encanta Ser Misionero!
ik hou van zijn een zendeling!
Elder Ellis

No comments: