January 18, 2010

This week was much better. I have loved being here in this area. and have learned a lot from Adrian(a return missionary here). He doesn't talk if he doesn't feel the spirit. I have been striving to have the spirit guiding us lately. and there was a lady we went to teach who had invited a friend and all the friend seemed to want to do was argue. We began the lesson and started teaching the plan of salvation and she keept going off on how we were teaching doctrine that wasn't found in the bible. Earlier in my mission i would have tried to prove her wrong. Instead i respectfully listened to her point of view and tried to help her see ours from what she had said. Honestly the whole time i felt the spirit. She was frustrated becuase we weren't teaching from the bible but no matter what she said i didn't allow my thoughts of love and respect change for her. I was striving for the spirit. I am not perfect but sure feel like i am progressing.

Something president said in zone conference really struck me. It is more important that i am unified with my companion than him teaching exactly how he should or the perfect doctrine. It kind of goes back to faith in the Lord. Wonderful things happen when you listen. I feel like these last few weeks have been some of the biggest growth weeks on my mission. What a wonderful feeling it is.

We also had Elder Galloway who is an AP he was in my district back in aguada. He helped us a lot. This week i have strived to just accept the things my companion says and not try to argue with other people. or my companion. ANother thing i mentioned to president in my interview was how i feel like many missionaries talk to members and investigators in a demeaning manner. Like we are big guys and they are little kids. Many of them have many more years studying the scriptures than i do. Many of the members have more years in the church than i have alive. and the only difference between me and them is God has called me to share certain things with them. I don't know more than them nor am i a better person than them but i have been called by a prophet of God invite them "to come unto Christ by recieving the Restored Gospel through faith in Jesus Christ, Repentance, Baptism, the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the end." I am also trying to learn something from each person we teach. see a Christlike attribute in them or a good quality that i can work from.

My companion seems to work in his own little circle. Uses the same examples every time the same scriptures every time. but as long as i support him and don't hinder the spirit we are good.

Good week. My other roommates. (we have 4 missionaries in our house) are doing great! Them have several baptismal dates and keep finding more. I am so excited for them. This morning they started to clean and change things. Not me... my companion didn't get as mad this time. It was good! I Like it better how it is now. We taught some good lessons this last week. WOohoo!

I Love You! Thanks for all!

No comments: