November 9, 2009

by small and simple things great things are brought to pass alma 37:6

SO THIS LAST WEEK WE HAD AN AWESOME LESSON WITH MARISOL! we were at her house and the most amazing thing happened. She Prayed! Then we talked about the plan of salvation. THEN! She said Elders please forgive me i am sorry i didn't accept Joseph Smith as a prophet.

(the week before al ensenarle the restoration she asked us how she could believe he was a prophet because he wasn't in the bible)

She said. I really feel like he could be a prophet. I feel like what i read here is the word of God! It was awesome! We also taught her daughter on saturday. She said i am Half and Half. I understand everyting i just dont really understand The spirit world. then she started talking about how her family loves tatoos and piercings. hmmm... But two really good lessons! Woohoo!


So this week We had interviews with presiden't. A lo mejor i will get a copy of our practices we did. he recorded us... =s and made us watch us teaching. He gave us some good complements. They acted hard for us. WHew. But they were things that usually come up. He also told me in my interview that he wanted to split my area its the biggest area in the mission. But he told me that he was going to becuase it has a lot of potential. But then i talked with him today and he said he wants to close it. Wake the members up. That would be my 3rd time closing an area. Woohoo! He also told me he really wants to change the culture of the mission. He dared me to be the one to change it. He said "Elder Ellis... The missionaries aren't working like they should. All it takes is one missionary to start a change. I want you to be that missionary! I want you to start it. Be completely obedient and more than anything i want you to baptize. I want you to have success. Elder Ellis i am making a promise for you. If you fulfill with the Goals we have set. I Promise you that you will baptize. Try the Lord! Be obedient and watch the blessings. Once you do it the whole mission will want to follow."

We have got our contacts since then and will continue to get them. He talked to me about just not letting myself be a person i don't want to be. I want to be a person that has success and as well one that is obedient so i am going to get my contacts to the best of my ability for the rest of my mission. There is no reason not to. I get scared typing it to you becuase what if i don't do it. BUT NO i want to do it. I will do it!

Woohoo! Missionary work is awesome!

We have about 3 great families right now that could really progress here soon.

But yeah i need to get off! Love You!

No comments: