November 16, 2009

Hello Family.

So we got our contacts this week! Woohoo! And our hours of finding time. This week we also tried pigs feet. MMMMM not! EWWW. I didn’t like it at all! And Flan de pana pen. Which is a flan made out of a big green fruit called bread fruit. We don`t have it in the states. But it is good. I learned you can pretty much make flan out of anything. Pumpkin cheese breadfruit and there are a few others I have heard of. I am going to learn how to do it. This weekend we also had the opportunity to listen to M Russel Ballard. He was in the DR and spoke to the whole caribe (Spanish for Carribbean) He shared many stories about his leadership and being able to open these islands to missionary work. He mentioned one where he was to choose a stake president and he was so concerned. It was one of his first assignments and he went to do the interviews and interviewed all but 2 people. Hadnt felt anything special with any of them. He got to the end and when he went into the hall to shake the hand of the second to last he said. Where do I know you from. He replied I shook your hand in general conference 3 years ago. He immediately knew he was to be the stake president. He was sustained and called his parents after the meeting on Sunday and said Mom quess what. She replied I already know last night when I was washing dishes I felt the impression you would be stake president. he mentioned she felt that at the same time he extended the call. The he told his father dad guess what I was called…I know to be stake president. his dad replied I already know I had a dream the other night that you were called to the stake president. He told elder Ballard about that and elder ballard returned to utah and spoke with Heber J Grant. And told him what had happened. And he started to chuckle. He asked him what was funny. And Heber Replied it's funny how the lord requires us to be confidential but he goes around telling everyone before it happens. =) funny huh

We had a great lesson with this lady named Mari. She has an eight year old daughter that was quoting scriptures in the bible the whole lesson. We talked about Jesus Christ and she said. Did you know it says in John that god so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son. And recited many scriptures. It was an amazing lesson and she told us she would pray. As well this week we had many contacts and one the guy stopped me and said tell me something I don’t know so I said ok well did you know that not only in Jerusalem but jesus also preached in… and he cut me off saying there you go again telling me something I have already read in the bible. We walked away.

We are having a few problems with the ward and their attitudes about preach my gospel and missionary work. I really tried being bold with members and trying different things to get references. I HATE KNOCKING DOORS. So president told me to find a more effective method. So we are having a family home evening at the home of the Bishops second counselor this week with one of their neighbors. =) it was great. I am really trying to work harder with the members here. This week we are focusing on getting the bishopric out with us. Its not so easy as they all work.

This week as well we finally had a good coordination meeting where we made some plans and followed up. We also spoke with the bishop about some concerns we have and overall I really just feel like this last week was how missionary work should be. We worked hard. Although we definitely could have worked better we did what we were supposed to and found new more effective ways to do some things.

Next week is Thanksgiving! CRAZY! We are going to the house of a member for thanksgiving. She told us not to plan anything for that day that the old missionaries have always spent the whole day there. But…nope. We will be obedient.

Wish you all a good week and if I remember more of what we did I will write it.


Hailee How are you? How is life how was your sleep over?

There is a family here that has a daughter that is 11 she acts like she is 16 I bet you will seem the same way when I see you again. And I bet I might seem like an old man when I get back. Guess what… I did jello to my companion this week. He said ´´elder what´s your problem why can you not be normal?´´ I just cant. Just not in my power. =) I hope youre enjoying your time as a kid. Before you know it before mom and dad know it youll be in BYUIDAHO with all the rest of your family. And mom and dad are going to move to utah or Idaho so theyre not lonely. =) That’s only 7 years away 7 years ago I was starting middle school and now I am already on my mission AAAHHHH almost done.

Josh! How are you bud! I haven’t heard from you in a while. Whats going on. What do you like to do most in Rexburg?

No comments: