January 20, 2009

This week… Wow. Well since we had P-day Tuesday and have it Tuesday again the week went by a lot faster. We worked hard with our investigator Eduardo and worked hard to find more people as well but unfortunately we didn’t have any success. Well we did find one person. We go back to teach him today. I am really disappointed about this week and need to go get happy. We had P-day moved again because of Martin luther king day yesterday and because we didn’t know it was going to be a holiday had planned appointments today. So we are barely fitting in our email and other stuf today which makes me disappointed and then on top of it the computers here are basura or trash and I have only a little while left. You email sizes were great this week. I’m fine with having a little longer emails because in this area I don’t get mail at the house only 1 time a week and only have family writing me because I guess none of my friends know how to write. On top of that we have a CAR meeting and I love the members here it is just extremely difficult because our branch is split into 3 missionary areas and we have only a few members to go out with us. Eduardo our only investigator is having troubles with his car and can’t afford to get it fixed so he was having a hard time with that as well. We asked him if we could do anything for him and he told us that he needed toothpaste. So we went and got him toothpaste then brought it to him and talked to him for a while. About an hour and a half. He was having such a hard time recognizing the times in his life when he has to choose God first or others first. He talked about how he doesn’t feel welcome in the church because of all of his tattoos and we asked him if he would not get anymore tattoos if God asked him not to. He hesitated and said well if it is god telling me to. Thenw e asked well if god told his servants to tell you not to get anymore tattoos would you get them and he still hesitated. Then we asked him if your girlfriend asked you not to get more tattoos would you…and he said of course not. So we talked with him for a long time and share with him the importance of putting god before everything in our lives. He realized that he was putting his girlfriend in front of god and felt bad about that and wanted to change. While we were sitting there I felt prompted to share with him about jesus Christ. At times we want what we think is best and leave god out of the circle. When Jesus Christ was suffering in the Garden of gethsemane He even the greatest of all The only perfect man to ever walk the earth pleaded for the suffering to go away…but pleaded with his fathers will in mind. Please take this cup form me if it be thy will. What a great example Jesus Christ is to all of us. Enduring the trials as they come Choose the right even when its hard because just as Christ did. We can ask for help we can ask for things to go away and if it is his will they will go away. President has been sharing a lot from the movie Facing Giants. I don’t remember much form it but the quote he uses is preparing for rain. We are always preparing for rain. We don’t know when it will come but we are always preparing for it. If not it will come and just as the people with Noah they will be washed away. I am loving my reading in Alma 50s It is some great war chapters and what amazes me is how much Moroni always has a plan. For everything he is always preparing. He prepares in times without fear he prepares still in times of War and he prepares after he wins the war. What an amazing example he is.I Love being a missionary. Its hard when all of your num,bers are 0s. We had 2 other lessons this week and that was it. No one at church. Eduardo finally found someone to fix his car and so couldn’t come to church because the only day this guy could do it was Sunday. Other than that a lot of finding and we didn’t find many at all.Now we gotta head off to our other appointment and then have the meeting tonight. Woopdeedoo!
I love you! This week I missed Christmas more than I did at Christmas. Remembered all of the wonderful Christmases I have had with my family.

No comments: