January 12, 2009

Hello Family,
Well last week started off pretty good. We taught our investigator Eduardo, He had a really hard time this week. His cars aren’t working very well. He has two of the same exact car and so just takes parts from one and puts them in the other but somethings wrong that he can’t fix that easy so he’s worried about money because he is receiving social security and can’t pay too much for it. He’s taking car of his dad with alsheimers and has diabetes and just can’t quiet seem to get things in order yet. So we’re helping him. We took him dinner this week and that turned his whole week around. he was way down and didn’t know if he wanted to be baptized or not. Then the next day after we brought dinner over I asked him what his goals are for the new year and he told me above anything else, to be baptized. He still forgets a lot but we are working on that having him write everything down and showing him videos and piuctures and everything just like a little kid. Last night we went to visit him but he wasn’t there so we sat and talked with his dad. I asked him if I could share a scripture with him and he said no then a minute later asked again and he said no then again and he said he’d love to hear a scripture. Then he took the book and told me it’s the best book in the world. Then he went inside grabbed eduardos book of mormon and said we have to throw it away because it’s a bad book. =) that was an interesting night. Eduardo never showed up so we just left him there listening to his music. My companion wont stop talking about his dads corvette. His dads brother died and left his corvette in his will for him so he’s writing about all the perks and stuff and he just keeps shoving it in that he will be driving it in less that a year. He’s a good companion but full of himself and kinda trunky. Although last night we had a great Family Home evening with The Gracia familia. They are a family that was baptized 25 years ago and their conversion story is so neat. But we shared the Tree of life story and then at the end shared somethings very special to us. We shared pictures of our families. I loved that! Sharing piuctures of all ya’all I Liked finding the pictures to take as well I really only have pictures from MTC and stuff before that but they worked perfect! I Loved it! This last week we went out to find a lot! But have no new investigators. This has been a pretty hard area. Trying to stay under our miles for the weeks and find new people. We need to come up with some other ways to find. Like light contacting or something like that. Something to spice up our time. Woohoo!I Would Love some pictures! If you guys have prints that you would like to send go for it. That way I can have them to show to familias and stuff. Well There really wasn’t too much else this week. Just A bunch of food and yeah. We got sams club cards so we can buy our food in bulk at the beginning of the month and be set. I like it! I hope I don’t get transferred to the islands now. This week didn’t really have any other exciting things. We did a service project scraping paint of the sidewalk at this one lady’s house. He son is the Crazy one Nelson Plays the guitar and sings and just flat out crazy!
This week I have had some great study times. Reading around alma 40’s and how alma is preparing his sons to preach and be missionaries. I have really realized that everything we do is Preparing us for something bigger something greater further down the road. We are preparing the investigators for their baptisms and to be Members of the True church of Jesus Christ.
I know that this is the work of the lord! I am so grateful for Jesus Christ so grateful for te scriptures and the joy we can have in our lives through the gospel! I Love You!Send me Pictures and letters and CDs and Love! =) Sorry this is a day late! Muah!

No comments: