August 3, 2010

As we look through and study the points of focus and doctrine that they taught to us i am seeing and know that the lord guides this work. I have felt many times that he really is directing us here.

Last night i was contemplating my mission and how little i have understood till now and how little i still understand. and how much different my mission would have been if i would have learned and payed more attention at the beginning. I was thinking about the idea of asking to extend to be able to prove myself or make up for my faults or something. I thought about the two options ask for an extension or go with what i was given. I began to pray. I asked first about asking for an extension. I felt an uneasy feeling. confused. then i contemplated and asked about following the plan. and i felt peace and felt the confirmation. Throughout the morning preparing for district meeting i was wondering why i had received that answer and almost doubting because i was really feeling like i need to make up for my mistakes. Then in district meeting while sharing my testimony with the other missionaries i received a simple impression and memory about Zions Camp. If they never would have gone against or been brought to an all time low or made mistakes i don't think it would have been the same experience preparing them for the future. My mission is not even close to being a regret. I have worked hard. My mistakes and my weaknesses have prevented me from accomplishing many things here in the mission. But i know that it has been a learning experience and sometimes we need to miss out on blessings to open our eyes. to learn and grow. The tree that suffers the most wind has the deepest roots (or gets blown over =) ).

That simple thought brought peace to my troubled heart. Zions Camp. What a rich piece of history that the lord has blessed us with. I feel like i have passed through this small little part of My own Zions Camp and and striving to get the most out of it. I know this church was organized to make us happy. and i find so much happiness each and every day by learning about the Lord. I am working on my weaknesses striving to be a better missionary and disciple of Christ.

This week we taught the first English class here for them. It went very well but the had a baby shower right after so the didn't let me finish my class. =\ i was bummed.

SO walking all around Lares i have thought and felt. hmmm i must be losing quiet a bit of weight i am sweating more than normal. i was looking all over for a scale. i found like 5 but never had a quarter to us them. I finally in subway for lunch yesterday found one and my companion gave me a quarter. =) i with anticipation emptied my pockets took of my shoes and walked up to the machine. Stood in place deposited the quarter. thinking maybe I'm at around 180 or so. I waited as it told me it was calculating my weight. i thought calculating? is it weighing me in pieces or what? Then finally the weight popped up on the screen...WHAT??? I'm huge. =) i cant keep eating so many carbs and starches. That's all they give us here. Rice and potatoes. rice and beans. rice and this rice and that. rice and bananas. =) no i am not upset at all just now know i am getting more muscular =) i wish. =)

Well that was our week. A lot of learning opportunities. Chuggin along. i bought some new razors =) gillete pro-glide. Whew nice shave.

No comments: