August 17, 2009

Hello!
So this week we started out and Monday was pretty good! We didn’t get to teach anyone but it was nice walking around and just trying to talk to people. Then Tuesday we had district meeting and since we had another elder go back to Puerto rico because of medical problems it was just the sisters and us. And since our house is the church we did it in our house. It was actually really awkward. Never going to do it again. We got another elder from Australia in our district here. Woohoo! He’s way cool. We were catching crabs here for our P-day activity. Got some good pictures. But as well tomorrow we have president interviews. Before the mission I didn’t like interviews at all. But now I love it because it is a great time to learn to ask questions and to soak up as much gospel and life knowledge as possible. And I will get to report about our district and what I am doing to help them and everything I am excited. So I didn’t cut my self this week. But… I was walking with a candle that was lit. and it spilled down my hand and I dropped it and wax went everywhere. Not to mention down my hand. I have a nice burn mark on my hand. My right hand. Everything has happened on the right hand. I wasn’t even being unsafe this time just taking the candle into the other room. We have candles because the power goes out so frequently. I wasn’t burning anything just walking with a lit candle. But it was funny. Then on Sunday I was trying to close the closet door and took off a little skin on my pinky on my right hand. Bled a little but its good. But the other cuts are fine. The wrist one is all healed up and now just a scar the finger one is started to close up and now I can move my finger normally again. This week we seemed to speak with many Adventists. And I was studying studying and studying to try to prove them wrong. Completely wrong attitude then I read a quote by Ezra Taft Benson. It said. Something like “I am afraid the members underutilize the book of mormon. We don’t have to prove that the book of mormon is true. It proves itself. We just need to learn it and teach it and let people see themselves. It is not on trial. We are on trial. The members of the church. On how well we use this sacred history we have received. I realized instead of trying to prove them wrong with scriptures in there bible Just testify and move on. We had a great lesson with a guy named Theodore and then at the end his wife started talking to us and completely opened up on how she had seen a commercial and wanted the book but couldn’t call to receive it. It was awesome! We are going back this next week. Also our Colombian investigator Alexander came back this week and we have dinner at his house tomorrow. He is great! We had a family home evening this week to try to help the members relationships they don’t get along very well. All 10 of them. =) so for family home evening we wrote letters to other members. One member flat out wouldn’t write a letter. Just sat there and watched the other write. Then another member asked us why we don’t call to ask him to go out with us. It was a big smack in the face. (wake up call) As missionaries we are always afraid of bringing members with us. Maybe they’ll say something weird or take the lesson a different way than we planned. And so we just sometimes don’t even ask. And it just made me think of the quote I heard “if you never ask the answer is almost always no” So I know where I need to improve. One area at least. Its not easy but we are going to do it this week.Woohoo! But other info Somehow I am out of mission money for the month because they haven’t put our island support on yet. So we are waiting on that and I am using my home card until then. So the hundred dollars aren’t 100 anymore. Other clothes can wait.But mom! My shirts are getting dirty! I can’t get my ring around the collar out and my backpack straps are leaving lines on my shoulders. How can I get them out? Is there any secret remedy. I have tried spray and wash and many other things. I soaked them in bleach this week and nothing happened. Back in Puerto rico the Spray and Wash stain stick worked best. But they don’t sell it here. HELP I want white shirts again.
Things are good. Just riding bikes a lot and going from house to house. And then to another house. I met my first german in my mission.
Funny moment. Yesterday we were contacting and talked with a man and he thought we only spoke English so he walked to the houses with us to translate for us. =) it was funny.
I Love you!
Nick Bare got married! Matt told me. I WANT A LETTER IN SPANISH!!! I WANT TO HEAR FROM MY SISTER!!! OR SEE A SINGLE PICTURE FROM HER WEDDING! I HAVE NOTHING !!!

No comments: