August 25, 2010

so. This week. Interesting.

Since friday we went saturday to Mayaguez to listen to Elder Anderson of the 70 he talked a lot about how the Carribean presidency letter that was sent out stating that missionaries in this area are going to need to elevate their spiritual level and obedience higher than we have ever raised it before. saying that this area the missionaries need to think of themselves as more than Baptizers and Temporary visitors but a part of the branch and a key role in the growth and strengthening of the branch that we go to. I have felt for a while that that is really my mission here. As i helped Ramonita in vega baja return after 25 years out of the church and here from other elders that she is stil attending. knowing that Brother linares who as well hadn't been to church in years came back and now all go to church. Doing service for Roberto who as well hadn't come to church visiting him regularly trying to help him leave the alcohol and many other things that destroyed his life. Hes now coming to church starting the sunday i left vega baja hasn't missed hardley any sundays. Here in Lares a return missionary that hasn't come to church in more than 5 months and has promised us he will come to church this week and next. In arecibo helping recent converts continue strong and continue teaching them till they went to the temple. in San nicolas 5 of the previous investigators i had found and taught have been baptized. In curacao teaching sister Rincon to prepare and not lose hope to be baptized when the opportunity allows. Helping Yenny come to the waters of baptism and see her be baptized.


I have not seen a whole lot of direct successes but i know my work has been of great benefit. I have two baptisms in which i saw them get baptized. My white clothes have stayed in their bag since the DR but i consider my mission a great time of learning and growth. as i have mentioned many times before i feel as though i have extended my family throughout the world. As preach my Gospel says in the very beginning the Restored Gospel is the only thing that will bring peace to different nations and will bring all races and cultures into unity of faith. I know that to be true.

I am now with Elder Rivera. He ends with me. we are two old stinky missionaries and president sent him here so we can help get a young man on a mission. That is our purpose in this next week do everything possible to help him realize the importance of the mission. We went to aguadilla the other day and had district meeting with President and the assistants. I dont know if i agree with all that was said and expressed and i will explain more after the mission. but i am more than willing to be obedient and continue striving and giving more and more of what i have making myself tired and wearing myself out in the service of the Lord.

I am very grateful for this change becuase i have learned a lot. The ways of president Alvarado are a little different but i will be obedient.

we had a great meeting with the branch president yesterday. we showed him the sheets that came out last year about new converts and recent converts the action list of their progress. We are going to start working harder on this. I really want to leave this area as i feel i have left all of my others. I honestly feel i have help people come back and helped them in many ways.

No comments: