Jue 14, 2010

It was another great week as a servant of the Lord. Keith and Anamilena decided on the 26th of June to be baptized. We asked in church if they would be willing to do it on the 21st becuase president Martineau and his wife will be here, and she said: Well we will go discuss it and pray about it, and let you know on monday evening. so we are pumped to go over there. I was so excited to be able to come down here to aruba and to stay for the rest of my mission mainly because ever since i was young and saw movies like Jonny Lingo and The other side of Heaven, i thought it would be awesome to baptize someone in the Ocean. It would be a wonderful little tender mercy to see it happen with Keith and Anamilena. Another wonderful thing is Tom and older man we are teaching decided on a date to be baptized and he kept it a secret telling only president Buckley. It is very exciting that he wants to be baptized as well. His wife not so much be He is going strong.

So i called one of the other elders here to see if president had given any more information out. and i heard some new news. At first when i heard from elder Roggeman i was upset because he told me i was going back to Puerto Rico. i Love aruba! I really do. This really is my favorite area of my mission. so far. But then after a few moments of thinking i realized i will love my new area as well. i will Serve the Lord with the Same Love that i have the last few years! Great Expereinces lie behind and ahead and i will still Love being a missionary! I have no idea where i am going to be sent. But i have such a different attitude right now. I have learned a lot in this stay here in the Islands. I obviously know there are times i could have done things better but i have a condifence in the Beautiful scriptures found in 2 nephi Chapter 28 stating how we learn and how the Lord gives us. These last Two years. (there are still 3 months) Have been the Greatest learning opportunity of my life. I have learned about people i have learned languages i have gained great friendships. but one of my Favorite things that i have learned is that the people the the Lord has put into my path have "breathed easier" I have heard of so many people that have continued after we left the Area or to come back to this area and see member Going strong. I know that through the Power of God we have accomplished many things. Me with my personality being the Crazy person i am. and my companions. Being the skeptics of my strange attitude, and with their own strange habits. But that is the Beauty of life. None of us are the same. Each person has their way. Each person sees through a different pair of Glasses. What great work it is to spend two years trying to look into those people and help them understand a message that will change their lives. I am eternally Grateful.

We visited the Adventist Church this last week. Quite funny experience. We showed up and they greeted us and everything. Then went through the service. Started by electing people. Not by spirit or revelation at all but in a democratic way of doing it. Just voting on people. Then we had Sabbath school. NOT Sunday School but Sabbath School. it was good. The Teacher wasn't prepared. and the students the members just started arguing. one with another. There were about 6 different groups for sabbath school. and as i looked around at all of them there were people arguing in each one. Wether it was the teacher or students. Then for the final part (3 hour service) they started out saying Welcome to our visitors today. and they asked the visitors to stand up. so we stood. then everyone gave us a "Wave of Welcome" and as they did we looked around. The only two white people in the Whole congregation of about 150 and the only visitors that day. so we just stand up two Nerdly White Smile clad Kids waving at all our black brothers and sisters. =) Quite the experience. They were very nice people. Good message too. Lack of Inspiration and Revelation.

That was our week in a nutshell. I have been kind of sick this week. and we are painting our apartment.

By the way two weeks ago president buckley told me to Say hello to you but i forgot. HELLO ELLIS FAMILY! from president Buckley

Love You!

No comments: