July 27, 2009

Well this week. I flew down here to curacao. Got a flat tire. Taught some missionary lessons. Laughed at a picture dad sent. and... Not a whole lot more.
No this week was good. I thought i would love a nice open area where you have to ride bike to get everywhere. But now that i am actually in it. We got finding for three hours and only talk to 11 people. It is great! I have gotten 2 flat tires. But this last week we started a dutch class. Yeah i am finally learning my dutch. Slowly but i am learning it. I can't wait till i can say i speak it. we watched a video with a less active member and we put the subtitles in dutch. Ha ha ha. Woohoo! but yeah. I am coming into an area where the last elder tried to talk to every single person. Now everyone as soon as we say bon tardi. they wave us off and don't want to talk to us. He had great intentions just like nephi when he told his brothers about the vision... Just didn't really do it very effectively. I am working on my piano playing juggling and pen spinning too. More the juggling as we wait at bus stops. I can juggle for a little bit then the rocks start to go away from me. i didn't think i stunk that bad. But then as well i am trying to learn to play the piano becuase it would help the members in church...
So as a district we are going to be working on shorter lessons this week. Still good solid lessons but i feel in order to get our contacts and make it to other citas we really need to just teach simple and short. This week was a good get to know a little bit of the area. Church was kind of interesting as well. Sacrament meeting went over by 30 minutes and then to finish it off we sang all 4 verses of the Closing hymn. Then they start the next class with all 4 verses of another hymn. Kind of made me smile. Then we taught the gospel principles class trying to read through and do what we needed to and a member didn't feel we answered the question of the recent convert and so told us we should go back and explain it a little better. It was kind of funny listening to a member complain about how certain members like to gossip as the whole conversation quickly turned into what was happening in each of the members lives.
At the beginning of my mission president told us in our first meeting that as we studied the scriptures and recorded what we studied Nephi would come alive to us. I have been trying to read the book of mormon as a goal for this transfer. NEPHI IS ALIVE! As i read the scriptures and record what i am reading trying to really get into it i feel like i am right there with him. and it kills me when laman and lemuel don't listen! AAAHHHH! But i love it! I love seeing how nephi reciaved his teaching and then how he taught his brothers. Watching what worked and what didn't. President has really helped me apply the scriptures to my life in a completely new way. to really study how they felt how they taught and what they did. It was great! I Love the sacred hour in the morning!
My companion is elder bown from Brigham City Utah. He's got about 7 months. so i am finally not a junior comp.
oh and as well i was called as a District leader. So i call the other elders and see how there numbers are and help them improve and train them and also interview there baptismal candidates. I HAVE AN INTERVIEW ON WEDNESDAY! AAAAHHHH. i have to see if someone is worthy for baptism. AAAhhhh!
Crazy but kind of exciting. So Yeah that is my news for the week. Enjoy!

No comments: